Tanya Colucci, M.S, LMT, NASM-CPT, CES, PES
Myofascial Release Therapist
Shaman & Spiritual Minister
Yoga & Meditation Teacher
I blend my knowledge and experience in myofascial release bodywork, meditation, yoga, energy healing, and shamanic modalities to create a healing experience. Step into your soul power by healing all parts of you to live a life more fulfilled, joyous, and pain free!
We each have the power to heal ourselves, our body is magnificent. I am a healer that helps facilitate you tapping into the healing power inside of you. Anything and everything is possible.
I received my degree in Exercise Physiology and my Graduate degree in Health Promotion Management. I was a Corporate Fitness and Wellness Manager, Personal Trainer, Fitness Educator, and Mentor for over 15 years before moving into doing Healing Intuitive Bodywork.
I went through my own healing journey with debilitating back pain in my late 20’s around a time when I was trying to figure out ‘what I wanted to do next with my life.’ At the time I was applying for my Doctorate Degree so that I could become a full-time professor. Suddenly through this process my back pain kicked in. I got diagnosed with two herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and severe arthritic changes to my spine. I did traditional physical therapy, took Vicodin almost daily but nothing gave me relief. It was during that time that I started exploring other ways to heal the body with yoga, meditation, and Energy Healing. I first learned how to do energy work and got certified as a Reiki Master, Yoga Teacher, and Massage Therapist. These modalities definitely helped with my pain and personal path but it wasn’t until I went for my first Myofascial Release Session, that had a lasting impact on me. I left after an hour and was 70% pain free! That finally led me to find the powerful healing modality of John F Barnes Myofascial Release Therapy. So instead of going to get my Doctorate degree I went to Massage School and started my own healing and wellness business. I truly believe that the physical body is the roadmap to our soul! Through my own personal healing journey I blend all my knowledge and experience to create a healing plan personalized for you. I love inspiring others through my intuition to begin their transformational healing journey.
As I have gone deeper I am now started to infuse channeling and energy healing into sessions with clients. I use my intuition to help clients tap into what their souls are trying to communicate to them through the pain in the physical body.
I am most passionate about Myofascial Release Therapy as a modality that can help reduce pain and start someone on a transformational healing journey. I look forward to sharing my abilities as a healer with the world.
Degree, Certifications & Continuing Education:
- M.S. Health Promotion Management from American University (2004)B.S. Exercise Science, Slippery Rock University (2000)
- Potomac Massage Training Institute (Graduated 2011)
- John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Therapist: Fascial Pelvis, Cervical-Thoracic, Myofascial Release Course L I & L2, Unwinding, Women’s Health, Rebounding, Quantum Leap, Equine (250+ hours of live workshop learning with John F. Barnes)
- Way of the Shaman Foundation for Shamanic Studies: Shamanic Journeying, Shamanic Extraction Healing, Shamanism Dying & Beyond, Power, & Healing, Soul Retrieval (April 2019)
- Gillespie Cranialsacral Fascial Therapy for Children & Adults- July 2016
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Barral Visceral Manipulation Level 1-November 2014
- Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage Level 1 April 2013
- Certified Reiki Master (completed 2009)-Mikao Usui Tradition
- 200-hour YogaWorks Yoga Teacher Certified
- Currently enrolled in the 600-hour Himalayan Tradition of Raja Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training & Self-Study
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)-Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM-Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach L1
- TRX Suspension Trainer Course
- The American Academy of Health & Fitness (AAHF)-Senior Fit Certification
- American Heart Association-Heart Saver Plus CPR & AED
- Schwinn Cycling Instructor Certified
A manual therapy approach in which I locate restrictions in your myofascial system, gently releasing them to improve function, minimize pain, and restore an optimal life experience.