Tanya Colucci, M.S, LMT, NASM-CPT, CES, PES
Myofascial Release Therapist
Shaman & Spiritual Minister
Yoga & Meditation Teacher
I blend my knowledge and experience in myofascial release bodywork, meditation, yoga, energy healing, and shamanic modalities to create a healing experience. Step into your soul power by healing all parts of you to live a life more fulfilled, joyous, and pain free!
We each have the power to heal ourselves, our body is magnificent. I am a healer that helps facilitate you tapping into the healing power inside of you. Anything and everything is possible.
I received my degree in Exercise Physiology and my Graduate degree in Health Promotion Management. I was a Corporate Fitness and Wellness Manager, Personal Trainer, Fitness Educator, and Mentor for over 15 years before moving into doing Healing Intuitive Bodywork.
I went through my own healing journey with debilitating back pain in my late 20’s around a time when I was trying to figure out ‘what I wanted to do next with my life.’ At the time I was applying for my Doctorate Degree so that I could become a full-time professor. Suddenly through this process my back pain kicked in. I got diagnosed with two herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and severe arthritic changes to my spine. I did traditional physical therapy, took Vicodin almost daily but nothing gave me relief. It was during that time that I started exploring other ways to heal the body with yoga, meditation, and Energy Healing. I first learned how to do energy work and got certified as a Reiki Master, Yoga Teacher, and Massage Therapist. These modalities definitely helped with my pain and personal path but it wasn’t until I went for my first Myofascial Release Session, that had a lasting impact on me. I left after an hour and was 70% pain free! That finally led me to find the powerful healing modality of John F Barnes Myofascial Release Therapy. So instead of going to get my Doctorate degree I went to Massage School and started my own healing and wellness business. I truly believe that the physical body is the roadmap to our soul! Through my own personal healing journey I blend all my knowledge and experience to create a healing plan personalized for you. I love inspiring others through my intuition to begin their transformational healing journey.
As I have gone deeper I am now started to infuse channeling and energy healing into sessions with clients. I use my intuition to help clients tap into what their souls are trying to communicate to them through the pain in the physical body.
I am most passionate about Myofascial Release Therapy as a modality that can help reduce pain and start someone on a transformational healing journey. I look forward to sharing my abilities as a healer with the world.
Degree, Certifications & Continuing Education:
- M.S. Health Promotion Management from American University (2004)B.S. Exercise Science, Slippery Rock University (2000)
- Potomac Massage Training Institute (Graduated 2011)
- John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Therapist: Fascial Pelvis, Cervical-Thoracic, Myofascial Release Course L I & L2, Unwinding, Women’s Health, Rebounding, Quantum Leap, Equine (250+ hours of live workshop learning with John F. Barnes)
- Way of the Shaman Foundation for Shamanic Studies: Shamanic Journeying, Shamanic Extraction Healing, Shamanism Dying & Beyond, Power, & Healing, Soul Retrieval (April 2019)
- Gillespie Cranialsacral Fascial Therapy for Children & Adults- July 2016
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Barral Visceral Manipulation Level 1-November 2014
- Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage Level 1 April 2013
- Certified Reiki Master (completed 2009)-Mikao Usui Tradition
- 200-hour YogaWorks Yoga Teacher Certified
- Currently enrolled in the 600-hour Himalayan Tradition of Raja Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training & Self-Study
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)-Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM-Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach L1
- TRX Suspension Trainer Course
- The American Academy of Health & Fitness (AAHF)-Senior Fit Certification
- American Heart Association-Heart Saver Plus CPR & AED
- Schwinn Cycling Instructor Certified
As a primary focus of my practice, I employ a manual therapy approach in which I locate restrictions in your myofascial system, gently releasing them to improve function, minimize pain, and restore an optimal life experience.
The body is not only nourished by food, water and air but also by our unique “Life Force Energy” that flows through and around it. I use numerous techniques to achieve an end result of health, wellness and personal optimization.